Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sooji Halwa

"Sooji ka Halwa" (Satyanarayan Sheero) is one of my mumma's very special dish! On the other side, I'm not-into-sweets person, so I never cared to learn it from her... :( And look at the destiny! My hubby just loves sweets & desserts!!! 

During my stay at in-laws, my mother-in-law used to make it often... She never bothered me about it as everyone knew tat I stay away from sweets! But I bugged her at times n she kept explaining it step-by-step to me :) Finally... I follow each of her tips while making this super-duper sweet n I make sure to bring my mumma's taste into it :P 

Thanks to mummy n mumma both!!! 


Makes: 2 servings 

INGREDIENTS: 

1 cup sooji 
2 tbsp ghee 
1/4 cup cashews 
1 cup lukewarm milk 
1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 tsp cardamom powder

METHOD:

- Heat ghee in deep kadai. Once it melts completely, saute cashews (cut into halves) till its golden in color. Take them out and keep aside. 
- Add sooji in kadai and roast it till light brown color. It will release the finest aroma at the same time. 
- Add cashews, cardamom powder and sugar into it and mix well. 
- Pour milk gradually, stirring it continuously to avoid lumps. 
- Cook the mixture for few mins. Once its paste-like consistency, it will leave the sides of the pan. 
- Turn off gas and "Sooji Halwa" is ready! 
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot... :)


Sending this recipe to Sowmya's Authentic Indian Sweets Event and Cook like a mom of Foodelicious:


2 comments:

  1. that is delicious.. Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes... Please add the link to the event announcement page and the logo...

    Sowmya
    Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
    Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
    Event - WTML w giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Like & Share