Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Khichdi na Muthiya

It happens many a times when you don't get any idea of using left-over food in your kitchen!!! I hate when I have to eat the same on the next day... But this is an exception :) 

Mum used to make these muthiya for me as a part of my tiffin-box n I was getting max 1-2 out of them! After a long time, I wanted to make these munchies... so intentionally I cooked more khichdi (so that I don't call it left-over) :P 

Muththi = Fist & Muthiya = Dumplings shaped using your fist!!! So, here you go with the recipe of crispy dumplings...


Makes: 10-12

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup Left-over Khichdi
1/2 cup Coarse Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Semolina
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Amchur powder
Salt, to taste

STEPS TO FOLLOW:

- Take all the ingredients in a big bowl and knead it like a medium-hard dough.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 lemon-sized balls.
- Give it a round or flatten shape (press it using your fist).
- Heat oil in deep pan. Slide 3-4 pieces at time carefully and deep fry them till golden brown.
- Serve hot with a cuppa tea :)

SJ's NOTE:

- Serves good as a evening snack.
- Goes well with coriander chutney.

Click here to get the recipe for RAJWADI KHICHDI...


No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Like & Share