Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dishes by Friends n Family - 2

I love when anyone shares the pictures of their own cooking experiments (tried n tasted)!!! My family members n all near-dear friends keep posting them on my demand :)

Here I'm back with a glimpse of what 'Friends n Family' cooked since I posted Part - 1!!!


A brief overview of their dishes... 

Microwave Khaman: My cousin tried out my recipe for making it and an honest feedback 'It was better than a ready-to-cook pack'!!! :) I would say thanks for trying out the one!

Masala Puri: Drishti made these crispy munching to accompany a cuppa tea :) 

Cheese Frankie: RekhaAunty (my sister-in-law's mom) cooked this yummy and colorful looking frankie, which made me drool when I received a pic! :) It looks so tempting... Isn't it??

Fruit Punch: A very near-dear friend, Hitarthi made this chunky fruit punch when she wanted something to stay cool against scorching heat :)

Makke ki Roti n Sarson ka Saag: Oldie-goldie school buddy made this authentic North-Indian dish... I definitely would love to have her recipe :)

Cheesy Toast: A lovely cousin tried her hands on making this easy cheesy toast to have a quick-bite :) She hardly prefers cooking all by herself... so I would say, great efforts ;)

Corn Upma: Dipali (a very close family-friend) cooked this quick n healthy breakfast dish in microwave! I already received a brief recipe from her :)

Khaman Dhokla: It's definitely my mum's recipe of Dhokla as Drishti called her for the same :) If that's mum's version, must be better than mine :P

Banana-Walnut Cake: D2 made this to celebrate a special occasion... Gattu's 1/2 yr B'day!!! :) Yey... It's a party-time tonite! 

Semolina Cake: Here comes my dearest friend, my all-time chatter-companion ;) Shalvi baked this beautiful golden-brown colored Semolina cake n shared her reference recipe too! Unfortunately, on my experiment, I forgot that I had placed something in my oven :P By the time I realized, its base was burnt ;)

Masala Dosa: I hardly work on South-Indian dishes, as I feel it takes too long to work on :P Drishti made this crispy masala dosa last week!

Egg Bhurji: A gal realized she should have taken more pics of what she cooked when I asked her to share pics for this post.. Riddhi, a big time foodie made this scrambled eggs with chunky veggies!

Choco-Strawberry Muffins: A baking lover D2 made these for one of my visits to her place! Ewww... Too heavy main course didn't let me have a single bite even :( 

Green Chickpeas Curry: When Shalvi didn't have much of the ingredients handy, she thought of making this Rajasthani style curry for dinner!

Bombay Masala Sandwich: Who doesn't love street-food? Priyanka grilled this masala sandwich n served with onion-cabbage juliennes for a light dinner! :)

Hakka Noodles: My cousins (back in India) are Indo-Chinese food lovers! Drishti made this yummy spicy noodles for all of them :)

Supreme Cheese Nachos: Surprised or shocked??!!! Credit goes to Shrey for making, baking n garnishing this hot n spicy Mexican plate :) 

Microwave Khaman: A childhood friend, Mauli wanted to try my recipe of khaman since I posted... And here is her successful experiment :) 

PavBhaji: I was strictly instructed not to include this pic in the post, yet I've done it! AnupJiju made this yummy looking PavBhaji all by himself for his beautiful wife n daughter :) 

Lychee Paneer: My big brother (DJ) made this dish last week... They had it around a year back in my sister-in-law's baby shower :) I'm gonna try it out soon... 

Sweet Mango Chutney: A foodie, who's too lazy to click n share a pic of any dish (actually, she can't resist for 2 mins after the dish is ready) cooked this sweet-n-sour raw mango pickle to accompany her traditional Gujju dish!

Veggie Frankie: Kiran used her favorite veggie chunks and rolled them up with cheese to make a delicious cheese frankie :)

If you have pics of your cooking experiments, share them with 'SJ's Food Court' by an email... Happy Cooking!!! 

Email: myownfoodcourt@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. lovely!!! it feels really nice when somebody tries ur recipe and sends a picture back to you... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rafeeda! But recipes for many of these I received from them as well :)

      Delete

Like & Share