Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Potato Hash Browns

I always love adding elements on my weekend breakfast dish! Anything that accompanies my poached or half-fried eggs n toast perfectly... Have already tried sauteed mushrooms, grilled brocolli or paneer, pan-seared french beans, blanched spinach etc. etc. This time I didn't want to have a ready-made just-reheat-hash browns!!! So thought of adding my flavors and making them in-house... 

Potato Hash-brown is something that any kid would love to have in tiffin-box! My lab rat (hubby) loves grabbing one anytime (breakfast or lunch or dinner, doesn't matter) so this one was specially for him... :) A quick, simple n  yummy hash-browns!!!
 

Makes: 4

INGREDIENTS:

2 Potatoes
1 tbsp Cornflour
2 tsp Grated Onions
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
2 tsp Chopped Coriander
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry

STEPS TO FOLLOW:

- Wash the potatoes and peel their skin properly.
- Parboil these potatoes till they are approx 40% cooked. Drain and dry them with kitchen towel.
- Use big hole grater and grate both the potatoes nicely. Don't mash them at all!
- Add rest of all ingredients into it and mix them well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and give your favorite flatten shape to it.
- Heat some oil in a flat pan and arrange the hash-browns onto it. 
- Shallow-fry them till they show brown crust on both the sides. 
- Serve hot on your breakfast platter :) 


SJ's NOTE:

- I used a round cookie cutter for perfect shape! You can pick your favorite shape...
- Onions are totally optional to add. I added just to give a little crunchy biting to hash-browns!
- You can freeze these hash-browns before cooking only! Arrange them on a freezer tray (no overlapping) for an hour and then freeze them all together in a suitable container.

Linking it to Guru's Cooking - Kids Special Event!!!


2 comments:

Like & Share