Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Sunday, August 18, 2013

QuickFix Potato Subzi

I hardly run out of recipes to make in my kitchen!!! And it happened last week when we planned to go for a movie in evening 6:15 show... It was 3:30 when I asked my hubby what he wanted to eat in dinner, but he left it upon my choice n convenience. I had enough time to create a wonderful dish...  

More, I had everything available in my veggie tray i.e. cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, corn, tomatoes, brocolli, capsicum, carrot, mushrooms etc. etc. But couldn't think of making any dish using any of these. Opened my freeze several times n closed it in a min!!! I'm still wondering why...

Saw a big bag of potatoes lying in a corner of my kitchen... And I immediately thought of making a quick fix before time :) This recipe I read a few days back in foodie-group only, posted by Namita of Namita's Kitchen!!! Don't underestimate power of this simple dish (courtesy - Chennai Express) ;)


Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2

INGREDIENTS:

3 Potatoes
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/8 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
A pinch of Hing
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
Salt, to taste

STEPS TO FOLLOW:

- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into slices of around 3-4 mm thickness in a bowl of water.
- Heat oil in deep vessel and add mustard seeds into it. Once it splutters, add cumin seeds and hing. 
- When crackling sound stops, add sliced potatoes straight from the bowl.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and toss it well. Cover it and cook for 5-7 mins. 
- Mix garam masala and red chilly powder and toss it gently. Cover it and cook for 3-4 mins more.
- Turn off the heat and mix amchur powder and mix everything well.
- Transfer it to serving bowl and serve hot with phulka roti!!!


SJ's NOTE:

- You can add 2 tsp of lemon juice to replace amchur powder.
- Potatoes can be used with skins intact, which I hate :P 
- Garnishing can be done using chopped coriander leaves!

4 comments:

Like & Share